Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bella and Prismacolor pencils

Sorry it has been a while since my last post but I took the kids to Disney World and let me tell ya I had to recover from that vacation!!!! My legs were achy, I had tons of laundry and I had to do some school supply shopping. UGH!! But here I am doing what I love and I wanted to share with you how easy it is to color with your Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol.
Here is a card made by another blogger that I admire, Stephanie from the UK.

She created this beautiful card using her Copic markers and I thought to myself, can't I create this too with my Prismas? So I tried and here are the results.
Now here is my card.

Now here is what I used color it. For the pants: PC947 Dark Umber for the edges and PC940 Dark brown for shading or lightly coloring in the pants. Do the same thing for the jacket. I used PC956 Lilac for the dark highlights and PC1026 Greyed Lavender to lightly color the jacket. Then I also used it to color in the bags and the headband. I used PC1005 Limepeel for the flowers on the bag, PC1086 Sky Blue Light all around the image, and used PC944 Terra Cotta and PC945 Sienna Brown for her hair. This is what your image should look like before you apply Gamsol.

Now use your odorless paint thinner and a blending stump to blend the colors together and this is what your image will look like after you blend.

Of course you can't just color the image once and that's it. Now I took my dark brown and colored the pants again to make them even darker. It is your own preference of how dark you want it to be. Then I used my blending stump again dipped in Gamsol and here is the final result.


What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Awwww you are too kind....what do I think? I think your coloring is so much better than mine!! I know what you mean about Disney, I always need a vacation after I come back from there haha I would love to srapbook, I have so many pictures of the kids but I wouldn't know where to begin....12x12 is such a large space to cover for a cardmaker!

    ReplyDelete