Monday, June 14, 2010

Father's Day


Father's day is quickly approaching and here is the card I made using Papertrey's chair stamp set. What dad doesn't have a favorite chair?

Everytime I go to my dad's house he is always sitting in this one chair that doesn't even match with the rest of the furniture. It's so funny because no one else sits on the chair but him. It was passed on to him by his neighbor who was going to get rid of it. Let me tell you something about my dad. He does not like to throw anything away and I quote, "you can't throw that away, it's still good." I've heard that expression for many years. So he took the orphan chair and gave it a home. He even converted the sofa into a day-bed for his spare bedroom. Talk about recycling, huh.

Well enough about my dad's chair which, by the way, was the inspiration for the card.
I used dark brown cardstock as the base and as the mat around the chair. I stamped the chair and the rug using Stazon's Timber Brown. I colored the chair and rug using my Prisma colored pencils. (I would like to buy some Copics and experiment with them but they are costly.) I stamped the sentiment, you are chair.ished, because it's all about my dad. Finally, I glued brown ribbon and put twine through the button holes and glued onto the card. And there you have it a Father's day card.
Hope ya like.

No comments:

Post a Comment