Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wedding Card



This is a super-easy wedding card that I made that I would like to share with you. It is an 8 1/2 x 11 white cardstock folded in half. It's a pretty big card but I liked this particular card that way.

Here is a photo of all the things I used to make this card.

List: Oval and oval scalloped nestabilities, Cuttlebug embossing folder Birds and Swirls, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Offray white ribbon, pearls, silver embossing powder and Gemstone cardstock. The cardstock has such a nice shimmer to it.
The picture really doesn't do any justice to that paper.

All you have to do is cut and emboss the Gemstone cardstock. Don't worry if you had to emboss it sideways. When I did that I first said to myself, "Oh No! My birds will be facing the wrong way but don't worry you won't be able to see it once you put the flat piece of paper over it. Then, cut the second piece of Gemstone cardstock. But don't emboss it. The last piece you cut it to the size of the Cuttlebug folder and then emboss it. Adhere all your pieces to the card and then add the ribbon. Cut your ovals out using your nesties and stamp a wedding sentiment in the front. I borrowed my sentiment from my sister. It's great having a sister who has the same hobby as I do because we always swap what we have. We have a rule: NEVER buy the same the same stamp set because we can always borrow from one another. Now here is the best part. I punched two large butterflies to represent the couple and the little butterflies are their future little ones. Stupid I know, but that's what I thought of when I stuck them down with glue dots. Add pearls in the center and lift up the wings a bit to make it seem like they are flying. And THAT'S IT!! EASY HUH? Try it and let me know what you think.
Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment