Thursday, July 15, 2010

Flowers and Jane Austen


I am just a few pages away from finishing Jane Austen's book, "Mansfield Park." I am a big fan of Jane Austen and the classics. I have already read "Pride and Prejudice" and "Persuasion." Now I am in a vintage-type mood so here is my Jane Austen inspired card. In every book or movie you would see the women of this period picking fresh flowers for their houses and this Lockhart stamp reminds me of those flowers. I colored them with my prismcolor pencils and used the Gamsol technique to give it that smooth blended effect. I'm like my sister. We see so many cardmakers using Copic markers and although I have tried them and various crafting conventions and I absolutely love how they feel and color, I, like my sister find it very difficult to pay $5+ dollars for one marker. I will keep playing and experimenting with my prismacolor pencils until I get the effect I want.

In case you are interested here are the colors I used:
For the flower: PC1088 Muted Turquoise and PC1086 Sky Blue Light
For the leaves: PC1090 Marine Green and PC1005 Limepeel
For the basket: PC946 Dark Brown and PC1080 Beige Sienna
Highlight around the flowers: PC914 Cream
and ultimately don't forget to blend the colors using a stump dipped in Gamsol (Odorless Paint Thinner).
The paper I used is K & Co. and Kraft cardstock.

If any of you try this, let me know how it goes and if you are a pro at using Prismacolor pencils I would love for you toshare some techniques and color combos with me.
Has anyone read any Jane Austen book? If you have please let me know which is your favorite. I am torn between Persuasion and Pride and Prejudice. They are my all-time favorite.
Enjoy and have fun creating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment