Thursday, July 1, 2010

Eclipse and a Masculine card



Last night Vanessa and I went to see Eclipse. A girl's night out and what a treat it was. I am still on Team Edward because I still picture Jacob in my head as "Shark Boy" but I must say he has surely grown up during the Twilight series.

Ok enough of that on with my card.....For my birthday Vanessa got me some great PTI
stamps and I made a masculine birthday card with it..

I just used Kraft color paper as the base of the card and a piece of Kay and Company designer paper from one of their mat stacks. The stamp set from PTI is called Through the Trees. I took another piece of kraft paper and used my brayer to get some blue ink on the top half of the card then I brayered green on the bottom half of the card. The blue used on top is a Anna Griffin blue pigment ink and the bottom is SU mellow moss. I had to undust my brayer to use it remember when we used it all the time. I then stamped the text with a Hampton Arts background stamp I have had in my stash since the Steve Hamptom Ebay purchase. I used Avocado ink from PTI for the
text. Once that dried a bit then I stamped the tree from my stamp set with SU chocolate chip and PTI avocado. I added my sentiment over the text in black memento ink. The final touch was twine and buttons from my stash....I got the idea from Pine from PTI. Those design team ladies are just so creative I follow all of their blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment